Careers with ECS – Electrical Design Engineer (Stockport)
Position: Electrical Design Engineer
The Role: You will be part of the Electrical Design Team, your role will place you as an essential point of contact within our highly client
facing M&E Consultancy. You will design the electrical systems from the predetermined client brief coordinating with project
design team to meet the Client’s deliverables.
- Undertake the design of Electrical Services either from a site survey or scheme report, drafting drawings, undertaking calculations using IES and production of specifications.
- Undertake electrical surveys.
- Liaise with in-house Mechanical, CAD and Secretarial staff to enable the production process and meet the needs of the business.
- Operate ACad and BIM systems. Undertake training in relation to REVIT MEP.
- Undertake condition assessments. Production of PPM Surveys and Reports.
- Tutor and mentor junior staff.
- Carry out project management duties including acting as lead consultant, chairing meetings and the production of minutes.
- Undertake defects inspections and issue appropriate certification.
- Write and produce operation and maintenance manuals.
- Production of SBem and Sap Calculations.
- Attend to Clients and other related professionals when attending meetings at ECS Consultants offices.
- Be part of the Company Values.
- Positive, proactive, self-motivated, flexible and adaptable approach
- Minimum HNC Building Services Engineering
- Excellent computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint and Word
- Exhibit the ability to develop strong working relationships with internal and external colleagues (at all levels)
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail
- Willing to take on responsibility from the outset
- Travel required periodically. Full driving license and access to car required.
- Be a Team Player
Our Clients and Projects:
- Local Authorities
- FTSE250 listed property investors
- National Project Management Companies
- Local and internationally recognised Architects
- London based projects and opportunities
- Offices / Education / Residential / Warehousing & Industrial / Healthcare
Place of Work: Cheadle Office with planned site visits to projects.
- Competitive Salary
- Christmas Bonus
- Flexible Working Hours
- Flexible Holiday Allowance, plus Christmas closure and additional day annual leave for birthdays
- Work Pension Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Professional Fees Paid (CIBSE/IET)
- Free Parking
- Social Events
- Regular CPD Events
- Investors in People Gold
To apply for this role, please send a copy of your CV and covering letter to ECSadmin@ecs-ecs.co.uk
ECS are looking for their next Building Services Design Engineer Apprentices
25 May 2023
Going Green with Xplore! Science Discovery Centre
08 Feb 2023
ECS Consultants Christmas ‘Guess Who?’
09 Dec 2022
ECS Welcomes James Clarkson to the Team!
25 Apr 2022