Careers with ECS – Mechanical Design Engineer (Stockport)
Position: Mechanical Design Engineer
The Role: You will be part of the Mechanical Design Team, your role will place you as an essential point of contact within our highly client
facing M&E Consultancy. You will design the mechanical systems from the predetermined client brief coordinating with project
design team to meet the Client’s deliverables.
- Undertake the design of Mechanical Services either from a site survey or scheme report, drafting drawings, undertaking calculations using IES and production of specifications.
- Undertake mechanical surveys.
- Liaise with in-house Electrical, CAD and Secretarial staff to enable the production process and meet the needs of the business.
- Operate ACad and BIM systems. Undertake training in relation to REVIT MEP.
- Undertake condition assessments. Production of PPM Surveys and Reports.
- Tutor and mentor junior staff.
- Carry out project management duties including acting as lead consultant, chairing meetings and the production of minutes.
- Undertake defects inspections and issue appropriate certification.
- Write and produce operation and maintenance manuals.
- Production of SBem and Sap Calculations.
- Attend to Clients and other related professionals when attending meetings at ECS Consultants offices.
- Be part of the Company Values.
- Positive, proactive, self-motivated, flexible and adaptable approach
- Minimum HNC Building Services Engineering
- Excellent computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint and Word
- Exhibit the ability to develop strong working relationships with internal and external colleagues (at all levels)
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail
- Willing to take on responsibility from the outset
- Travel required periodically. Full driving license and access to car required.
- Be a Team Player
Our Clients and Projects:
- Local Authorities
- FTSE250 listed property investors
- National Project Management Companies
- Local and internationally recognised Architects
- London based projects and opportunities
- Offices / Education / Residential / Warehousing & Industrial / Healthcare
Place of Work: Cheadle Office with planned site visits to projects.
- Competitive Salary
- Christmas Bonus
- Flexible Holiday Allowance, plus Christmas closure and additional day annual leave for birthdays
- Work Pension Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Professional Fees Paid (CIBSE/IET)
- Free Parking
- Social Events
- Regular CPD Events
- Investors in People Gold
To apply for this role, please send a copy of your CV and covering letter to ECSadmin@ecs-ecs.co.uk
ECS Welcomes James Clarkson to the Team!
25 Apr 2022
ECS Design Completion for Dace Motors
18 Feb 2022
ECS Become GSHP Association Members
15 Oct 2021