Careers with ECS – Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
Position: Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
The Role: The role will pace you as an essential point of contact within our highly client facing M&E Consultancy, as an integral part of the
Mechanical design team. You will lead the design of Mechanical Systems and assist with the client brief, coordinating with project
design teams to meet the client’s deliverables.
- Lead junior members of the Mechanical Engineering Team through the duration of projects.
- Tutor and mentor junior staff.
- Undertake the design of Mechanical Services, either from a site survey or scheme report, drafting drawings, undertaking calculations using IES and production of specifications.
- Undertake and leave mechanical services.
- Liaise with inhouse Electrical, CAD and Secretarial staff to enable the production process and meet the needs of the business.
- Represent both the Mechanical and Electrical Design at Design Team Meetings.
- Operate ACad and BIM Systems. Undertake training in relation to REVIT MEP.
- Undertake condition assessments. Production of PPM Surveys and Reports.
- Undertake defects inspections and issue appropriate certifications.
- Write and produce operation and maintenance manuals.
- Production of SBem and Sap Calculations.
- Attend to clients and other related professionals when attending meetings at ECS Consultants offices.
- Continue to develop your own, as well as junior staff member’s CPD activities.
- Be part of the company values.
- Fully competent and experienced within the Building Services Design Industry
- Minimum HNC Building Services Engineering
- Positive, proactive, self-motivated, flexible and adaptable approach
- Excellent computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint and Word
- Exhibit the ability to develop strong working relationships with internal and external colleagues (at all levels)
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail
- Willing to take on responsibility from the outset
- Travel required periodically. Full driving license and access to car required.
- Be a Team Player
Our Clients and Projects:
- Local Authorities
- FTSE250 listed property investors
- National Project Management Companies
- Local and internationally recognised Architects
- London based projects and opportunities
- Offices / Education / Residential Warehousing & Industrial / Healthcare
Place of Work: Cheadle Office with planned site visits to projects.
- Competitive Salary
- Flexible Holiday Allowance, plus Christmas closure and additional day annual leave for birthdays
- Work Pension Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Professional Fees Paid (CIBSE/IET)
- Free Parking
- Social Events
- Regular CPD Events
- Investors in People Gold
To apply for this role, please send a copy of your CV and covering letter to ECSadmin@ecs-ecs.co.uk
ECS Become GSHP Association Members
15 Oct 2021
JV North Framework Success for ECS!
15 Jul 2021