Careers with ECS – Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
Position: Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
Hours of Work: Monday – Thursday, hours as per contract of employment
Core Hours 9.00am – 4.30pm
Friday Core Hours 9.00am – 3.00pm
Office Opening Hours 7.30am – 6.00pm
Place of Work: Cheadle Office with site visits required to meet the needs of the business.
Reporting to: The line manager for this role is the Associate Mechanical Engineer. However, this may change due to business expansion and
Holidays: 20 days per annum, plus Christmas closure 23rd December – 2nd January. Additional days annual leave for Birthdays.
- Work Pension Scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Professional Fees Paid (CIBSE/IET)
- Free Parking
- Social Events
- Regular CPD Events
- Investors in People Gold
The Role: The role will pace you as an essential point of contact within our highly client facing M&E Consultancy, as an integral part of the
Mechanical design team. You will lead the design of Mechanical Systems and assist with the client brief, coordinating with project
design teams to meet the client’s deliverables.
- Lead junior members of the Mechanical Engineering Team through the duration of projects.
- Tutor and mentor junior staff.
- Undertake the design of Mechanical Services, either from a site survey or scheme report, drafting drawings, undertaking calculations using IES and production of specifications.
- Undertake and leave mechanical services.
- Liaise with inhouse Electrical, CAD and Secretarial staff to enable the production process and meet the needs of the business.
- Represent both the Mechanical and Electrical Design at Design Team Meetings.
- Operate ACad and BIM Systems. Undertake training in relation to REVIT MEP.
- Undertake condition assessments. Production of PPM Surveys and Reports.
- Undertake defects inspections and issue appropriate certifications.
- Write and produce operation and maintenance manuals.
- Production of SBem and Sap Calculations.
- Attend to clients and other related professionals when attending meetings at ECS Consultants offices.
- Continue to develop your own, as well as junior staff member’s CPD activities.
- Be part of the company values.
Our Clients and Projects:
- Local Authorities
- FTSE250 listed property investors
- National Project Management Companies
- Local and internationally recognised Architects
- London based projects and opportunities
- Offices / Education / Residential Warehousing & Industrial / Healthcare
- Fully competent and experienced within the Building Services Design Industry
- Positive, proactive, self-motivated, flexible and adaptable approach
- Excellent computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint and Word
- Exhibit the ability to develop strong working relationships with internal and external colleagues (at all levels)
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail
- Willing to take on responsibility from the outset
- Travel required periodically
- Be a Team Player
- Minimum HNC Building Services Engineering
- Must hold a full UK Driving License and have a fully insured car available for use at all times.
- Minimum seven years in a Building Services Consultancy environment at the same level as this post.
To apply for this role, please send a copy of your CV and covering letter to ECSadmin@ecs-ecs.co.uk
ECS Cycle to Support Alzheimer’s Society
20 Apr 2021
I’m A Building Services Engineer, Get Me Out of Here!
16 Apr 2021
ECS Develops London Office with Key Appointment
12 Jan 2021
ECS Secures Ampleforth College Project
12 Nov 2020