This Grade II listed building occupies the largest single plot in the much sought-after suburb of St. John’s Wood in London, and was originally designed by a founder member of the RIBA.
An imposing Victorian Mansion of significant historic, architectural and cultural importance; Grade II Listed Building, originally constructed circa 1825, once the home of French artist James Tissot and latterly Sir Lawrence Alma-Tadema from 1870-1883.
The project involved restoration of the existing building, returning it to a single residence – reversing it’s conversion to six individual apartments in the late 1960’s.
The extensive works included installing a full Lutron Lighting and Crestron Audio/Visual system, incorporated into a fully air conditioned entertaining area.
The retrofitting of air conditioning into this listed property was particularly challenging and required working seamlessly with the project Architect in order to deliver an aesthetically pleasing and acceptable solution.
The client’s other requirements included the integration of a fire alarm text information keypad, linked to the automated gate system, allowing unfettered access for emergency vehicles.