This project involved the demolition and rebuild of a new office, storage and Production Development facility for Peter Marsh Ltd. in Liverpool.
The Peter Marsh Group, established in 1837, is one of the oldest family run businesses remaining in Liverpool and is one of the leading manufacturers of paper sacks and corrugated boxes in the UK. The company had been based at the same site on Canal Street, Bootle, since 1861 and the multi-million pound refurbishment means the group will benefit from major efficiences which will assist them in handling the ever increasing demands within the sector. The worldwide movement to eliminate single use plastic products means a dramatic rise in demand for environmentally friendly alternatives, such as 100 per cent recyclable paper and corrugated products.
The works comprised of a two storey office area within a large production and storage area portal frame building.
Solar PV panels have been installed as a clean, effective way to reduce carbon dioxide emissions and significantly lower energy bills.
The existing rise sprinkler system was extended to provide both roof and in-rack sprinkler systems.